My boy

My boy

5 1/2 weeks

5 1/2 weeks

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TV, Radio and Internet

These are my 3 outlets to my world. Television, Radio and the Internet. The reality of my day exists in my living room. Thanks to the rarrangement of the furniture, I can see out my picture window to the street. I love to see the sun. It changes the feel of the living room to have some sun streaming in. My goal is to differentiate day and night for Alex. Maybe he'll start cooing in the day and sleeping at night.

I have been spending my waking hours watching the Australian Open, Season 5 of LOST, reruns of the West Wing, Star Trek: TNG and House. On occasion, I'll watch a movie or the weather channel. I went from being a 60 + hour a week workaholic, to a stay at home mom who spends her day doing the following: nursing, laundry, dishes, diapers, swaddling, kissing, staring, loving, rocking and occasionally checking in with work. In the background sounds the TV, NPR or the clicking of my laptop.

He's been home for one week. I've worked more hours this week than I did the week before Christmas in 2008 and on much less sleep. I didn't think that would be possible.

No comments: