My boy

My boy

5 1/2 weeks

5 1/2 weeks

Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's the Matter

Other than the first night at home of no sleep, the last 13 hours have been the most difficult to deal with. He has been changed, burped and fed (he hasn't taken from the breast since 7pm) yet he cries incessantly. The only way to get him to stop is for me to hold him horizontal in the recliner and rock. Everytime I put him down in his bassinet, he screams. If I weren't exhausted I could stay like this. But I'm exhausted. I'm reminded of the story my mom told me about tying herself and one of us to a rocking chair so she wouldn't drop us if she did fall asleep. She would place a pillow behind the baby and used a strap to hold the pillow to the baby, the baby to her chest and the rocking chair to her back. I'm not there yet, but getting closer.

1 comment:

Nancee said...

Hi - Bring him up here. And I'll watch him till he goes to school. lol lol Anyhow, as he grows up. Take tiny steps and if you have done everything with him. Let him cry for small periods at a time. Each time a minute longer or what ever amount you and Andrew want to give.
I did that with Mike and it works!