My boy

My boy

5 1/2 weeks

5 1/2 weeks

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 1 of the rest of my life

Alexander Francis Bayles was born at 9:27pm on Wednesday, 12.09.09. He was born at 2 pounds, 13 ounces and 15 inches long. He is perfect and beautiful with all of his fingers and toes. He is already a bit feisty (like his father, and mother?).

I will most likely go home on Saturday, but Alex will stay until February. It's very surreal to have a new baby but not be with him. I know that the two of us will soon have the opportunity to bond.

I would like to thank the doctor who did the C-Section (Dr. Breit, my doctor's partner) for doing subcataneous stitches and not staples. I think my stretch marks may be more noticeable than the stitches will be!

Thank you to everyone who has called, emailed, texted, sent cards, sent flowers, sent other gifts, brought gifts, dropped by and those that stayed awhile. You have made this experience so much more bearable with your kindness and thoughtfulness. I cannot thank you enough.

Now the true sacrifices begin. I cannot fathom leaving here without him. I still can't believe that he was in my belly yesterday at this time and today he's laying in a NICU bed. I will truly miss feeling him move (I already do). For right now I just need to sleep and start to heal physically and emotionally from the last 12 or so hours.

God bless my son and my new family of 5 (Andy, me, Alex, Annie and Sadie).

2 comments:

Nancee said...

I'm so happy for you. I won't come down to earth. Untill you throw my ashes somewhere. lol lol
Anywho I'm very glad that you had him and that part is over. The next stage is going to be a long wait till he goes home.
There is no words I can say on how happy I am for the both of you.
Kisses and hugs to you'all. More pictures when you can please And I'll be very happy to spoil him big time.

Jac said...

Oh Nik! He's BEAUTIFUL!!! That gorgeous baby skin, those sweet little fingers! Congrats honey :)
xoxoxoxoxo