Today is my first blog post. My water broke 12 weeks early and now I'm confined to a hospital bed for the next 6 weeks. I am at Wesley Medical Center, Building 3, Room 410 in Wichita, KS. My goal is to keep myself occupied, update my friends and family and educate my soon to be son on his mother's daily thoughts and actions while I keep him growing big and strong inside me. It is Sunday, 11.29.09. I was admitted at 1am on Friday, 11.27.09. Saturday, 11.28.09 was my 28 week mark. They will induce at 34 weeks no matter what. So, our countdown began yesterday. We are on day 2 of 42.
My girlfriends just left. They moved my baby shower from Jaclyn's parents house to my hospital room. It was beautiful. They brought the food and dishware in picnic baskets. We had oj, bagels, chocolate chip cookies, danish and chili con queso (from Carlos, yum!). They bought me, Andy and Alex (most likely name choice) some beautiful clothes and other necessitites. Some of them even used their motherly wisdom and got us a baby monitor outside of our choice because they know what's best. God bless them. The ladies in attendance were: Erika, Leslie, Diane and Jaclyn. Liz was unable to attend due to a sore throat. Neither was Lisa due to Ione being sick. I wish they could have enjoyed the day, but hope they are all feeling better. Leslie had to leave early to go turnip picking, but was able to enjoy the food and some conversation. We played "guess her girth" using string from an old-fashioned wrought-iron holder. Erika was the closest with only an inch to spare. Erika brought a lime green pre-lit Xmas tree, a star for the top and some garland for the tree and some for the room. Erika left before Diane and Jaclyn. Prior to the last 2 guests departing, they decorated the tree and plugged it into the wall below the tv set. Then they hung the garland throughout the room. Spending Xmas in a hospital room seems like the saddest place to be, but looking around the room now, I know that I am blessed and there are truly sadder places to be.
Thus begins my 6 week stint at Wesley. This is just the beginning of a life long journey of motherhood. May I pull through it with grace, patience and wisdom.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Prayers to you and hubby. I'm sorry you have to stay there all that time. But, I'm sure you will have a very healthy baby. One with 10 toes, and 10 fingers. And will yell mom and dad with all his might. And keep on doing it till he moves out. I love ya Andrew. lol
Yay Baby Blog!!!!! Love it :)
And I *love* that pic of you two, too. Gorgeoumous!!!
xoxoxo
Nicole...things happen sometimes that we do not fully understand and I believe in a master plan, I want to,..so I think you are in the hospital to get some rest, let Alexander get strong, keep you safe and let what is planned for you happen, in a timely manner. David and I believe that you two will make the most awesome and rockin' parents. Do what they say...read a lot to Alexander, kiss Andy passionately when he is there and think good and pretty thoughts. There are many out here who love you beyond words, think of you each day and pray for all three of you. Love you bunches! Pam
Hello my 2 sweet favorite people. Hope things are a bit better now. And that you are settled in for the wait for your child. Time is getting closer and the wait for me. I'm on the edge of my chair. So happy for both of you on your new son.
I'm asking a favor from both of you. After he is born. Give him a hundred kisses and 100 hugs.
Well will shut up now. I talk to much. Love you both.
Just stopping in to see pictures. There ain't none. Oh well will try again another time.
Post a Comment